Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Fillet Mignon and Jarritos? Yes!

Like most people I love a good steak. So this past weekend I decided to cook some Fillet Mignon steak. The day was perfect nice and sunny and breezy. Which is odd for summer weather in Arizona. So I headed to my backyard and fired up old Betsy (my grill). Yes, I named my grill. Don't judge me!

Anyway, while Betsy was getting warmed up I was seasoning the steaks. A little salt and pepper was enough to bring out the flavor of these delicious cuts. Betsy at appropriate temperature, check. Grill brush, check. Tongs, check. 

Everything was ready to go. As I set the steaks on the grill the sizzle it created was music to my ears.Two minutes in the smell coming from the grill was making my mouth water! I couldn't wait to take the first bite. Are you hungry yet?! 

Finally the grill marks were set in and the steaks were ready! I decided to also bake some potatoes for the side dish. Time to sit down and enjoy my meal. But wait?! I'm missing something, the red wine. I went to grab a bottle of my favorite red wine and panic set in! Here I am all this time preparing this perfect meal and I realize I am out of wine! Noooo! What do I do now? Do I run out and get a bottle? That'll take too long and my steak would be cold by the time I get back. 

Now I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off looking under the sink, in the dishwasher, under my couch anywhere hoping to find a bottle but with no success. Exhausted I open my fridge to get something cold to quench my thirst. As I opened the fridge, the light bulb inside illuminated a tall bottle of the most beautiful red liquid I have ever seen! The answer had been there all along and I was a fool for ignoring it.

What could go better with Fillet Mignon than a delicious Strawberry Jarritos! It was like heaven sent. Finally  I could sit down and enjoy my meal. As I open the bottle the aroma of the Strawberry emanating from the bottle was better than any aged wine I have ever had. The taste of it was sweeter than the riches grapes any wine could have been made from. I can feel every bubble tickling my tongue. After every drink I wanted more and more! I couldn't stop. It had my taste buds lusting after it. I could nothing else but to give in. With every drink my taste buds were swimming in ecstasy. 

Like all good things it had to come to an end. As I sat there in heaven from all of the flavors my mouth had just experience all I could think of was how lucky I was to have experience such a plethora of flavors! I could only hope soon. Until then I will wait for your return Strawberry Jarritos. I will dream of you daily until then. I miss you. 

If that wasn't enough for you to get up and get a case of Jarritos then I don't know what will! It is awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment