Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Face Of Evil


September eleventh two-thousand and one will be a day that I will always remember. I was awaken abruptly by someone telling me "Chris, a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center!" I remember replying, "Get out of here!" I could not believe that a pilot would miss seeing two of the worlds largest buildings. I immediately thought that something must've been medically wrong with the pilot.

I got up but did not go see the news I went straight to the shower. I figured a story like that will still be on when I got out. It could wait. After getting dressed I went to my living room just in time to see footage of what I thought was a single plane crashing into the World Trade Center. I remember saying, "Wow, they caught it on tape"! Then I was told that what I was seeing was actually a second plane that had crashed into the second World Trade Center Building.

I was confused but what I heard next from the news anchor cleared everything up "The country is under attack" he said. It was clear then that terrorists were involved. I remember thinking, "Terrorism in America?!" My shock quickly turn into anger. An hour or so later just when I thought things couldn't get any worse. I saw something that I had only seen in disaster movies. I saw two iconic buildings reduced to ruble in seconds. It was totally surreal.

Like many Americans that day I tried to compose myself and attempted to have a "regular" day at work. However it was impossible. The updates of the situation were everywhere. From the radio to the T.V. and from co-workers filling me in on the latest. My feelings that day ranged from shock, anger and sadness. So many innocent people died that day. Brothers, sisters, mothers, daughters, sons etc...

On my way home that day the I saw our Air Force jets flying over American homes. Even though they were patrolling the skies for our protection it still felt so wrong. For the first time in my life I was afraid of our own jets. I became slightly paranoid for sometime. Almost everything was "suspicious".

I remember thinking, "What's going to be next, car bombs? To think that I couldn't walk down the street without looking at the car parked next to me and thinking that it might blow up was very unnerving for me. I was afraid for my future and my Son's future. Will he have to have the same thoughts as me or will things be better? Nobody anywhere in the world should have to worry about those type of things. However, it's sad to know that unfortunately that is not the case in so many parts of the world.

President Obama announced earlier that Osama Bin Laden is dead as a result of an American military operation. Finally justice has been served for the families of the victims of 9/11! I thank God for the men in our military who were involved in this. I am glad none of them were hurt. There is a quote that says, “To celebrate a man's death is soul-less, unless the soul wasn't in the man to begin with.” I can assure you there was no soul inside Osama Bin Laden!

May first two-thousand eleven will be a day I will always remember. It will forever mark the day that justice was served to not only the victims of 9/11 but to the countless innocent people that have been killed or effected in some way by this evil man all over the world. Thanks again to the men and women of our military for continuing to keep us safe and for their sacrifice!

                                          GOD BLESS AMERICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment