Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What a bloggy mess!



Wow! What did I get myself into?! A few weeks ago I decided to start a blog. I decided to do this without having a lot of knowledge on how to start one or anything. However in the last week I have learned so much about blogs that it can be overwhelming at times. I mean you have to figure out your layout for your page, your fonts, your colors. There are so many options to those elements alone that making those simple choices could take you hours! Then there is the question of what kind of widgets do you want? Do you want your Twitter updates displayed? do you want your YOUTUBE channel displayed? What about your MySpace link? There now you have just blown your whole day and you are still not done. So many options so little time. Thank god for websites like YOUTUBE and EHOW. These were sites that helped me out a lot on things like how to set up RSS feeds and on how to get the RSS feed to update your Tweeter account when ever you post a new blog. Like this one. I was also lucky enough to have other bloggers help me out with annoying questions of a newbie. Man, had I not had all of these resources I probably would have quit a long time ago. Overall I am having fun learning all of these new terms and HTML codes. It is pretty interesting. I have so many ideas to write about that my mind is going in all directions. However I don't want it to come of as scripted. Too much of that already on the net. Blogging so far has been a great learning experience and I look forward to more blogs in the future. I welcome any suggestions you might have so please leave me a comment. Thanks and Keep blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment