Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Remember This!

A sad and twisted thought came upon my mind.
Something so sadistic that should be left behind.

I thought about those who have died so soon, and what I was doing when they met their doom.

I thought about myself, about my blood and my tears.
Living with nothing but pain and my tormented fears.

I noticed something that just didn’t seem right.
Something to make you cry and shiver in the night.

Every time you smile, another child cries.
Every time you’re happy another person dies.

When everything’s going right and it’s the best day of your life,
someone out there has had enough and is picking up that knife.

Every time you have someone another person is alone,
every time you feel loved another child is on their own.

When your parents are hugging you and showering you with kisses,
some child out there is being beaten by parents who are making death wishes.

Every time you see the light another child only sees the dark. Every time you’re healthy another person is cutting a fresh mark.

So remember this next time you’re having a good day,
another someone out there is dying in some way.

1 comment:

  1. Christian, this is quite powerful and adds so much perspective. I need to add you to #LatinoLit directory of writers and poets on Twitter. Go to http://juliorvarela.com, click on #LatinoLit tab on top and put a bio of you, 100 characters. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete