Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Child Proofing Your Home


At least two children have been hurt by falling furniture this week alone here in Phoenix, Arizona. This is sad to hear when there is a very inexpensive solution to the problem. Most people when they are child proofing their home perhaps only think about the electrical sockets and the cabinets where cleaning chemicals might be stored. In my case at least, that is all I child proofed. Then one day I hear a loud crash coming from my 3 year old's room followed by him yelling out "Somebody help me!" Apparently he was trying to change the channel on his 24" TV using his dresser drawers as steps to reach the TV. This of course made the dresser tip over and land almost on top of him. Thank god that other furniture near by deflected the TV. Otherwise the TV would have landed right on top of his head! He wasn't hurt at all just scared. So was I. It actually reminded me that when I was a young boy I also had an appliance fall on top of me. I think it was a stove. Thank god nothing happened to my son, I can only imagine what the families of those children that were hurt are going through. So this is for all Moms and Dads out there, I urge to please secure your dressers,TV's, stoves,refrigerators and anything else you might have that could potentialy fall on your child. A TV safety strap is all you need to keep ou kid safe. As you can see below thet are easy to install.




They are also inexpensive. The one shown above cost only $9.95 but can go up to $30.95 depending on the type of strap you want to buy. You can find the strap pictured above and more info at KidSafe. Another place you can find these types of products is at TotSafe. Bottomline always watch your kids specially when they are totlers it only takes a minute for them to get into something that could potentialy cost them their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment